Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Motto of the moment:

it seems to me that i am writing one blog a month... i know you are all thinking, wow michelle, you should probably update us so much more than that because we are all So interested in your life. okay okay, i'm doing my best. the hard part is that i feel like nothing is really changing in my life. i updated the events going on in my life. 

but now that i get to thinking about it, i realize- life is always changing. you are never just sitting. you have the opportunity and choice to make the events in your life meaningful and put you in the direction you want to be-for me that direction is being happy. so many things happen each day that help me to be happy, so i know i'm not just sitting still, my life is always progressing and i need to stand back and savor every moment.

 i had a conversation with my sister last night that was about all sorts of things, but the one thing that really stood out to me that she advised was this: 
live in the moment.
 i feel like i take a lot of good times for granted and i don't step back to see the effect they have on my life. i'm always concerned about "what's going to happen next?" or "what should i be doing in order to make this situation turn out the way i'd like it to?". i need to just appreciate things as they come, then i won't be disappointed. my sister is so inspired. she is always so good to go to for advice and i'm so blessed to have her to talk to anytime.

something else that has been happening more in my life lately.....dating. i feel like i've been going on dates so much and i can't say that i don't enjoy it. it is so fun going out with new people and learning new things about them and new things about myself and what i feel like i want in my life. this is where my brother in law's advice came in so helpful last night.. 
motto of dating:  make him go more than 50 percent.
 it's an interesting concept for me to consider. i have a hard time stepping back and letting other people do things that involve me.. it's a curse really. i like forward guys though. i like guys that take the initiative and i feel like this is a good way to show if a guy is that way, making him go more than fifty percent. 

Seriously, between my sister and brother in law i am set on any kind of advice i could imagine! 

1 comments:

Danielle said...

I'm glad you don't think I'm preachy! I love ya Shell!