Thursday, March 25, 2010

Hope for Today



whenever my day isn't going very well i seem to get down on myself, trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong to make my day go so badly. sometimes it is just life. most of the time, things are out of my control and i need to be more conscious in recognizing the amazing things that i do have in my life. i have so much to be thankful for. i am so blessed, and when i have down days i just need to remember that i have the hope of the gospel in my life. 

forever i figured the word "hope" mean i "wish for something to happen" but having researched it more, and after having a lesson on hope recently in relief society, hope has a whole new meaning. Hope is the confident expectation of and longing for the promised blessings of righteousness. hope is being Confident that something will happen as long as we righteously desire it. many of my bad days are followed with a "hope" for a better tomorrow, which is completely true. i can have a "confident expectation" that each day can be that much better than the last. 

but today i need to work on making it better now. not just hoping that tomorrow will be a better day. i need to remember all of the things my life has been blessed with, today

i have a loving heavenly father who hears and answers my prayers. i have a family who is always concerned with my happiness, doing everything possible to help me. with that i have parents who are so good to me and have always provided a means for me to accomplish anything i've set my mind on. i have siblings who are there to give me counsel when counsel is sought, and who put a smile on my face whenever i am feeling down.  i have the blessing of the knowledge of the gospel, and a knowledge that i will be able to be with my family throughout eternity. i have a Savior, who suffered through everything i have and ever will so i will never have to be alone in any trial. i am blessed to be able to get an education. i have been blessed with so many different areas of knowledge, through college and hair school. i am able to use my talents. cutting hair, playing the piano, making friends, laughing. i am blessed with such good friends who are always there to give me a helping hand and lift me up when i am in need. i am blessed with an apartment to live in and a bed to sleep in every night. i am blessed to have clothes and shoes in my closet. i am blessed to have food in the cupboard. i am blessed to have running water. hot water to shower in, and cold water to drink. i am blessed to have a car to get around town. i am blessed to have a job, especially for how long it took me to find one. i am blessed to be able to walk and talk and run and laugh. i am blessed to have had experiences in my life that have made me the stronger, better person that i am today. 

it's so nice to remind myself of these things. 

my day just got 100 times better.

0 comments: